Saturday 15 March 2014

Living Room






 
During the Christmas Holiday we decorated our living room, this is the room at the back of the house which is a great room for closing the doors and watching TV!
We painted the walls, two lovely greens, a feature wall which was the darker colour - I love green! And replace the very worn and shabby carpet - with a very neutral beige, and then I made curtains for the first time following the fantastic instructions on the www.wereinstitches.co.uk web site.
But the best bit was making a quilt and cushions out of this gorgeous patterned fabric.
I bought this fabric in Spotlight quite a while ago, orginally as a 5 piece fat quarter set, called 'Mellow Pear' just because I just liked it! How many times have I bought fabric just because I like it or NEED to have it!!!!!
Thankfully, a few months later, I was able to find some of the design and buy another few metres, then I team it up with some lime green and bright pink. I love applique and the pears provided the inspiration.


 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment